ASI’s researchers work together in various thematic clusters that guide their activities in the years to come. These clusters address today’s most urgent challenges and are linked to one or more Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Their membership consists of researchers with various disciplinary backgrounds, engaging in a broad spectrum of activities, often together with societal actors, in order to create maximum sustainability impact.
The clusters include:
- Behaviour and Governance in the Context of Sustainability Science
- Plastics, Environment and Society
- Urban Futures
- Climate Change and Energy Transition
- Food, Agriculture and Land Use
- Water Security, Migration, and Justice